This blog is a try to me keep motivates and a way to see my progress on my current projects. Let’s see how it goes!

Week 44
6 November 2022

This week I mostly spent on hacking on my postman “replacement”, for lack of a better word, that I started way way back but resurected a few weeks ago and been updating and improving.

Week 43
31 October 2022

This week I didn’t do much. Besides a few commits here and there I mostly just relaxed after the spelsylt gamejam. I completed season 1 of Star Trek - The original series and realized I should probably create a list of the best episodes for each star trek series + season I’ve watched so I can recall the good episodes if I feel I need to watch some good star trek again.

Read the rest...

Week 42
23 October 2022

This week I completed a game for the kodsnack gamejam “spelsylt”.

Week 41
16 October 2022

This week I continued on physics project and started work on a basic renderer to test the physics sim

Week 40
9 October 2022

This week I continued writing on things for ride. I should have worked on my kodsnack game jam entry but I didn’t :(

Week 39
2 October 2022

This week I a camera to fyro, “fixed” a failing HDD and watched a lot of star trek. I’ve also thought long and hard on the sprite rendering in fyro and I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to rewrite parts of how characters are rendered to support “override” single-use animations.

Week 38
26 September 2022

This week I added collision and tiled loading to the fyro engine.

Week 37
18 September 2022

This week I added texture, sprite animation and started on 2d “pixel perfect” collision detection to fyro. This required me to start adding support for scripting classes to inherit from native classes and that is what I’m currently laying the finishing touches on. Hopefully by the end of next week I have some basic 2d topdown and platformer collision going on.

Week 36
11 September 2022

This week I started integrating my scripting engine lox into the small 2d engine, and got snake, gamepad input with rumble and basic local multiplayer support working. Pretty productive!

Week 35
5 September 2022

This week I continued working on lox, adding arrays among other things. I think this will be the last week of full lox as arrays marks the last major thing to add before I can start integrating it and find the real actual pain points.