This blog is a try to me keep motivates and a way to see my progress on my current projects. Let’s see how it goes!
This week I continued the work on ride, mostly refactoring and getting a consistent code style. Some more work to be done for sure with PCH and cmake aliases next week.
This week I coninued working on poster tester and started working on the console tool
This week I mostly spent on hacking on my postman “replacement”, for lack of a better word, that I started way way back but resurected a few weeks ago and been updating and improving.
This week I didn’t do much. Besides a few commits here and there I mostly just relaxed after the spelsylt gamejam. I completed season 1 of Star Trek - The original series and realized I should probably create a list of the best episodes for each star trek series + season I’ve watched so I can recall the good episodes if I feel I need to watch some good star trek again.
This week I completed a game for the kodsnack gamejam “spelsylt”.
This week I continued on physics project and started work on a basic renderer to test the physics sim
This week I continued writing on things for ride. I should have worked on my kodsnack game jam entry but I didn’t :(
This week I a camera to fyro, “fixed” a failing HDD and watched a lot of star trek. I’ve also thought long and hard on the sprite rendering in fyro and I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to rewrite parts of how characters are rendered to support “override” single-use animations.
This week I added collision and tiled loading to the fyro engine.
This week I added texture, sprite animation and started on 2d “pixel perfect” collision detection to fyro. This required me to start adding support for scripting classes to inherit from native classes and that is what I’m currently laying the finishing touches on. Hopefully by the end of next week I have some basic 2d topdown and platformer collision going on.