Windows 10 wakes up from sleep at random
Friday, 26 August 2016 at 19:12
After upgrading to Windows 10, my computer started randomly waking up. This extensive guide on superuser has proven time and time again to be a perfect guide to keep windows from waking up.
Keep your ubuntu-gnome from waking up at random
Sunday, 18 September 2016 at 14:34
I have tried using /proc/acpi/wakeup and I’ve tried looking in /sys/bus/usb/devices/SOMETHING/power/wakeup for devices that will wake up the computer, however I finally fixed my random wakeup problems with a tool called acpitool.
It is really quite simple. First you need to install it, unless you already have it installed:
$ sudo apt-get install acpitool
Once it’s installed you can list what you can do with it, and to make it works.
Then you can list all your devices (small w)
$ acpitool -w
Device S-state Status Sysfs node
1. SBAZ S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:14.2
2. PS2K S3 *disabled
3. PS2M S3 *disabled
4. UAR1 S4 *disabled pnp:00:06
5. P0PC S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:14.4
6. UHC1 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:12.0
7. UHC2 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:12.2
8. UHC4 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:13.2
23. PE21 S4 *disabled
24. PE22 S4 *disabled
25. PE23 S4 *disabled
26. USB3 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:13.0
27. USB5 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:16.0
28. PWRB S4 *enabled platform:PNP0C0C:00
Then it’s just a matter of disable all the devices you don’t want to wake up the computer (large W).
Don’t disable everything, then you can’t wake the computer again :)
I keep the power button enabled. And have configured the computer to hibernate when it’s pressed, giving me a nice symmetry.