This blog is a try to me keep motivates and a way to see my progress on my current projects. Let’s see how it goes!
This week I mostly wrote a blog post about Clean Code Chapter 2. I found a project called Header Hero that I might incorporate into my own header tool and started to refactor euphoria core library so I can get a better flow/structure and in preparation of the introduction of PCHs. Hopefully all will get the compilation times down to some form manageable levels.
This week I fixed the last of the compiler warnings. Now euphoria builds without warnings on w4/Wall+extra. Next up to complete would proabably be to port the last of the build scripts and fix any warnings in euphoria that they will find.
This week I started working on reducing the ammount of warnings euphoria generated. Thees things sometimes feels like whac-a-mole squishing warnings in clang and then find some new in msvc but it’s moving along.
This week I continued working on my port of python code and I’m currently working on the “most common headers for a c++ file” tool, useful for determining what files to add to a pch
This week I watched alot of netflix, relaxed and continued porting the python scripts to rust.
This week I started porting the build scripts from python to rust.
This week I spent on cleaning up and refactoring euphoria code. Getting real close to zero warnings in clang-tidy
This week I started refactoring euph to CamelCase and I expect it will take a while for it to be complete. I thought I was done with core but running clang-tidy checks on it it seems I’ve still missed a few spots
This week I mostly thought about rendering design, trying to come up with a flexible structure for 3d shader, mesh layout and API design.
This week I continued working on tred, adding test for vertex_layout, adding a custom assert library and continued working on the API design